Friday, February 25, 2011

Birthday Set Part 3 : The Cupcakes

~ Hello Everyone ~ 
We can't have a birthday party without dessert,  and for my little grand daughter's 1st party, cupcakes are definitely on the menu! I am absolutely in love with cupcakes! I'm so glad they've made a come back in recent years. Personally, they have been a constant favorite for me. I remember getting 25cents from my grandmother and swiftly making my way to the local bakery down the street! Ahhh, good times :) These days with the onset of paper crafting, cupcakes are more festive than ever! 
Here's my take on this confection goodness...


 Just a few simple ingredients, some kitchen tools and this recipe and you can make some yummy cupcakes too!


Dark Chocolate Frosting Recipe
frost 24 plus cupcakes

8 ounces Baker's Semi- Sweet Baking Chocolate Squares
4 sticks unsalted butter -room temperature
1 pound powdered sugar
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
pinch of salt

Break up chocolate squares and place in a glass container like a glass measuring bowl, melt in microwave in 30 seconds increments, stirring in between to assist the melting, about 2 minutes. Do not over heat, just melt til smooth. Set aside. In the meantime beat butter until light and fluffy, then gradually add powdered sugar. Add salt and vanilla and mix until very smooth. Add chocolate slowly and mix until just incorporated.

Also, here's the link for the free cupcake wrapper SVG

And don't forget, as a special THANK YOU to my wonderful followers, 
I am GIVING AWAY ...

TO ENTER SIMPLY...
1. leave a comment on this post
2. be a follower
3. For multiple chances to win, leave comments on the other BIRTHDAY SET POSTS, one per post.
I will combine all the comments and choose a winner when the series is complete.
 *** please note, due to shipping I can only accept USA and Canada entries***

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ! They make my day !