Friday, October 21, 2011

Guest Designer Lala-Palooza with REBECCA

 ~Hi everyone ~

My name is Rebecca and I am the Crafting Mamma.  I am so excited to be with you as a guest designer for Alex.  I really hope her move is going well and all of you are enjoying her guest designer posts, I know I am!!!  I also really appreciate the opportunity as this is my first guest design post. 

And now on to my project.  I am primarily a card and scrapbooker, but occasionally I dabble in fabric. The one thing that stays consistent is that I always use my Cricut.   Today I have done some T-shirts for you all.  They are Halloween T-shirts to go with the upcoming holiday and so that I could have something to wear when I take my girls trick-or-treating this year.
This first T-shirt is a scary one.  The images are cut from the Happy Hauntings cartridge.  I used neon orange fabric spray paint for the scary pumpkin.  The cool thing about this shirt is that for the face and word I used glow-in-the-dark fabric spray paint.  In the dark, you can really only see the face and word.  One thing I did learn is that I don't like the spray fabric paint.  It is hard to control where it goes and rather drippy.  Lessons learned!!!

This next shirt is an homage to my love of wine!!  The wine glass was cut from the Simply Charmed cartridge and the text was from the Happy Hauntings cartridge.  I used regular green fabric paint for the wine glass.  Another cool feature is that the wine and the text were done with glow-in-the-dark purple fabric paint.  It really glows well, although I couldn't get a good picture to show you.

This last shirt was done using some cool iridescent orange paint and standard black paint.  Both images are again from the Happy Hauntings cartridge. 

Hope you have enjoyed the shirts and inspired you to go beyond paper.  If you want step-by-step instructions please drop by my blog at http://rebeccascrafts.blogspot.com/ .  Thanks again to Alex for this wonderful opportunity.  Happy Crafting Everyone -- Rebecca 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ! They make my day !