Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Guest Designer Lala-Palooza with JANNIE

I'm so happy to be a Guest Designer here on "You Had Me At Craft"!

A few weeks ago Alex asked if someone would like to be a guest designer and if so, then they could apply, I did and she picked me!! Can you believe it??
Thank you so much Alex!!

My name is Jannie van Beelen and I live in the Netherlands, I have a blog as well. If you would like to see it, you can click here.
Crafting is a big part of my life and am crafting mostly every day.

So for this day I decided to make the following!

Being so close to Halloween, a Holiday we don't have or celebrate in the Netherlands, I thought I would do my version of this Holiday.
I shop a lot in a store where they sell anything from Household stuff to Paper crafting and it is really cheap. So I found these Iron-on Patches in the shape of Owls and I love Owls!!! And when I was thinking about making something different for Halloween I instantly thought of these cut Owls!


Because I like to play with words, I thought of Owl and Halloween...if you prenounce it the right way it almosts sounds like Happy Owlween..doesn't it?? Maybe it is a Dutch thing, LOL.

So I made three different cards!
The first one I got a piece of chocolatebrown CS and cut it into 4"x 4", then I ran a piece of brown 3,75" x 3x75" through my Cuttlebug with the Leaf Branch folder to create a scenery for the Owl to sit in. I then used my favorite letters to create "Happy" the Owl speaks for itself (isn't he adorable??) and then I created the word "Ween" I tried to use all the colors of the owl to blend in together. I also put on some little hearts (from the Owl punch from Stampin Up isn't that funny)

The second one I made a more traditional scenery for the Owl, the paper I used is actually a piece of wallpaper, I got it at a DIY store! It is a sample which are free so I took some....it is a perfect size to use on cards so! I then cut a hole for the Owl to sit in and then the same phrase again! Used it as a theme! And the hearts are also done in the same colors as the little Owl.

The third and final one is a girlie one! I also used a piece of wallpaper again, from the same store, gave the Owl a Halloweenhat and create the text again.



I hope this idea has given you inspiration to new ideas as well!

Thank you so much again dear Alex, for the opportunity and I hope to see you all on my blog as well www.knutselfrutselen.blogspot.com
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ! They make my day !