Friday, October 14, 2011

Guest Desginer Lala-Palooza with TARA

Hello Everyone,
I am so excited to be part of Alex's Guest Designer Lala-Palooza. Thanks Alex for this fabulous opportunity!My name is Tara and my blog is Homemade Happiness. Today I have a thankful mini album I recently made to show you. I have seen these on other blogs and decided this year I was going to try my hand at it. I made it for the month of October because that is the month we celebrate Thanksgiving here in Canada. I made it so that it would be very easy to keep updated with a template that I only had to write one word in each day if that is all I felt I had time for. I have very limited time to craft during the week and I wanted something that I wouldn't fall off the wagon trying to keep up with. So far so good! I have already discovered that some days will be insightful and meaningful where as other days will be silly and just for pure fun. But hey no one but I can say what I am thankful for right?! lol

To create this book I made a rectangle in Design Studio to the rough size I wanted the book to be and then just sized shapes and tags from various cartridges to be about the same size to keep my pages somewhat consistent. All the pages are made from Plantin Schoolbook, Accent Essentials and Once Upon a Princess. I cut all the pages out of Recollections kraft cardstock first then created the same image again in a smaller size to cut my patterned paper so each page was left with a border of the kraft cardstock. I used my Big Bite to punch holes for my binder rings.

The thankful journaling spots were created by printing off the saying on my computer and then using my paper trimmer and/or punches to cut them into different shapes. I inked all the journaling spots with Martha Stewart brown chalk ink before adhering them down.

Here are all the other details:
Numbers inside - Plantin Schoolbook 1.5"
Letters and Numbers on cover - Plantin Schoolbook 3/4" and 1"
Flowers on front - Accent Essentials 3/4", 1", 1 1/4"
Pink Gems - Dollarama
Mini Brads - from my stash
Eyelets - We R Memory Keepers (cool metal)
Glossy Accents (you can't see really well in the photo but the title on the cover is all done in Glossy Accents)
Hinged Binder Rings- Staples

Thanks again Alex for having me as a Guest Designer and thanks to everyone for stopping by today. If you would like to see the rest of the pages from my book I will post them on my blog.
Happy Crafting!!!
Tara








Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ! They make my day !