Saturday, May 1, 2010

I LIKE YOU THE LEAST

Hmm.....
The # 4  Challenge in the MPS's National Scrapbooking Day 
was one for pause...
You were supposed to use your least favorite Cricut Cart. Well, mine was definitely "Plantin School Book" ..such a boring cartridge, I thought...what could I possibly do with it?  Well, I had really never noticed this cool "city scape cut" in it, so I cut it out with a shadow and it made me think of my son Jonathan who is serving a 2 years mission for our church in Chicago ! He'll be home in 6 months, I CAN'T WAIT TO GIVE HIM THE BIGGEST HUG EVER...but in the meantime, I will send him this little card from his dear old mom just before he heads for home :) 
The card is cut to fit a legal size envelope.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your idea! Your son will for sure love it. My brother's out right now in Florida and you gave me a great idea when it's his time to come home. TFS and Thanks for participating in the challenge!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. why does everything that makes me think of jonathan have to make me cry? is it just me, or are you dying for mother's day to come along too???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pam, I noticed you had an Elder blog in your favorites :)
    I'm so glad I get to talk with my missionary on Mother's Day too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. had to comment on this one since I'm from the Chicago area and because it looks fabulous. Where is your son serving (you don't look old enough to have a son that old - my mom doesn't either though)? My husband's family is in Schaumburg and my parents are in Fox Lake (closer to Wisconsin-Buffalo Grove Stake)
    Thanks for stopping by my site. Love all of your stuff. I'd love if you linked up any of your creations to my Scrappy Saturdays. http://myscrappygifts.blogspot.com/2010/05/11th-scrappy-saturdays.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ! They make my day !