Monday, July 11, 2011

Week 7: Made It Myself Mondays and Guest Designer

~ Happy Monday Everybody ~
Yup, it's that time again to show the world, well maybe not the world, but certainly everyone in blog land what your crafty self can do!
When I started this weekly linking party, I had know idea where it would it go. In fact I thought it might be a big fat flop, but thanks to ALL YOU CRAFTY GODDESSES, it's has turned into the highlight of my crafty week viewing all your AMAZING projects! I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have, and in the process, discovered some new blogs and made some crafty friends!
Speaking of goddesses, I AM BEYOND EXCITED to have my UBBERLY TALENTED friend and blog sister join me here today as a GUEST DESIGNER. So without further adieu, I will turn the floor over to CRISTI BURTON the author of
SCRAPPIN 5 LITTLE CUPCAKES to share some crafting inspiration! You know it's gonna be good when someone has the word CUPCAKE in their blog name!

Hi everyone and thank you Alex for inviting me to share my talent on your amazing blog. About a week ago Alex and I got to hang out for the day and play. I am sure you saw the sneak peek pictures on Alex's and my blog. Well, today we finally are sharing our cute little sewing project we created together, an altered tank dress. We got the idea from Amanda, she linked up a similar project at Alex's last linking party!

Here's how we made it... 

Purchase a pre made t-shirt or tank and cut off the hem. Take a strip of cotton fabric about 4" wide and twice the length of the bottom of the tank. Fold and press it length wise, wrong sides together.
Ruffle the fabric and  pin the ruffles to the bottom edge of the tank.

Sew the adorable ruffles to the tank top.
To add the cute owl cut with my Cricut, first you
have to prepare your fabric. This was my first time cutting
fabric with my Cricut, so I am experimenting with you all.
I found some Heat n' Bond at my local Walmart.
 Cut your Heat n' Bond at the size that is desired. Iron the back side of the fabric to the shiny side of the Heat n' Bond for 2 secs.
TIP: Make sure you follow the directions
on the package to the tee for the Heat n' Bond!!!

 Add your fabric to the Cricut mat just as you would paper. I then cut my owl and his layers at 2.7" from the Create a Critter Cartridge. Set your speed at 3 and your pressure at 5" (or the highest your machine will go). Then I ironed on my owl and his layers, (again follow the directions to a tee). I had a hard time getting my top layer to adhere. So I ended up adding some stitches around the wings and one in his little feet, I also had to use some fabric glue. I then added some buttons for his eyes because the detail of his eyes did not cut properly.
 I think he still turned out super cute but next time I
will just use the Heat n' Bond for purpose of cutting my images. Then I will sew around the image to adhere it.
Our finished project. We decided too add one more row of a double ruffle, but it looks just as cute with only one row of ruffles too.

Sweet Autumn modeling her new little shirt/dress. I also created a little matching flower clip for her hair but that is for another post.

Thank you for letting my share with you today and happy crafting!!!

WAS THAT SOOO CUTE!!! Thanks Cristi for showing us how you added the "pièce de résistance" to our project!  It really turned out adorable and I am itching to make more!


OKAY! Now it's your turn to show us you crafty genius! 
1. Link any crafty project NEW or OLD.
2. Link UP to 3 projects.
3. Place the party BUTTON on your post.

BLOG TITLE

4. Visit and Comment on at least 2 Other Blogs

ALL LINK UPS will be entered to win THIS...



Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. at one time the VLDL is released, enzymes in the bloodstream interact with
    the triglycerides about total cholesterol levels that are too low?


    Also visit my web-site - cholesterol medicine crestor side effects

    ReplyDelete

Thank so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ! They make my day !