Monday, June 6, 2011

Week 3: Made It Myself Mondays

~ Hello Everyone ~
I'm back from my stay-cation ~ had a wonderful time with the fam! A few pictures will be forth coming. 
But now it's time to get back to some CRAFTY BUSINESS and get this LINKING PARTY started! 
BLOG TITLE
BUT GUESS WHAT?!  I'm SO EXCITED to have very a SPECIAL GUEST co-hosting our shin-dig today! She'll be sharing one of her AWESOME creations with you and I hope you'll take the time to visit her blog too!
WELCOME KATHY from kathyandkids.blogspot.com! 
Take It Away KATHY...
Hello Crafty Friends!
I am so excited to be a featured toady on Alex’s weekly linking party.
My name is Kathy and I have been crafting since I was a little girl. My Mom is a seamstress and a crafter and she passed on to me her love of creating beautiful things! I love to paper craft, sew, crochet, knit, and bead. Now that I am a Mom of 3 kids, I love to create for them and share my love of crafting.
Today I’d like to share with you a simple no-sew fabric flower. This flower can be added to a pin, hair clip, or head band.
 I made this one and attached it to a headband for my youngest daughter to wear on the 4th of July. It will go perfectly with her pretty dress for our Family picnic.They are easy to make and use only a few supplies. First you’ll need some fabric, scraps would work fine, (You can use all the same pattern or two coordinating ones like I did.), scissors, and a needle and thread. I like to but fat quarters from the fabric store when they are on sale.
  You will need to cut your fabric into 6 3x3 inch squares. Then you will fold each square diagonally and either iron or finger-press to make a crease.
Next, take a length of thread on your needle (I like to double the thread for extra stability) and use a
running stitch along the two sides of each square.
 Stitch each triangle one after the other and they will look like this.
 Gently pull the thread and gather all the triangles to form petals. Then stitch the last petal to the first
one. This forms your flower.
 I like to cut a piece of felt to add to the center to cover and hide all the raw edges. For this one I cut a
star shape and sewed a star button to the center.
 Finally you attach the felt to the top of the flower using some fabric glue or hot glue. This will finish the top of your flower.
 You will also want to add a piece of felt to the back of the flower to cover the raw edges and have a
surface to attach a pin, hair clip, or whatever you decide to use.

 For this flower, I hand-sewed it to a fabric covered head band and added some ribbon pieces under it.
Here is the finished fabric flower headband.

 These flowers are so much fun to make and you can embellish them with just about anything you’d like. I love making them for both of my daughters and my niece.
I have another tutorial on my blog for a different style of flower. This one is more involved and requires some machine sewing. Click Here for the link if you are interested.
I also have an Etsy store where I have some flowers for sale. Click Here if you’d like to take a look.
I’d like to give a huge THANK YOU to Alex for asking me to share with you on her blog! I hope you all get a chance to link up your latest creations, and visit some of our fellow crafters! There is a lot of
wonderful talent out there and a lot of wonderful crafters that are willing to share!

Happy Crafting!

Thanks so much KATHY for sharing your AWESOME talent and being my guest today! 

WINNER, WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! Congrats to...
Martha Galvez
YAY! You won last weeks GIVEAWAY! You've Got Mail :)


OK, it's time to GET LINKY! 
Here's a quick RECAP of the PARTY RULES :

1. Link any crafty project NEW or OLD.
2. Link UP to 3 projects.
3. Place the party BUTTON on your post.
4. VISIT and comment on 2 blogs.
5. Comment HERE with contact info in case you WIN the GIVEAWAY!


This week's SPONSOR GIVEAWAY is from Oh My Crafts!
All links will enter you to win this....

READY....SET....LINK!!!!







Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ! They make my day !