Monday, September 19, 2011

WEEK 15 : Made It Myself Monday with Guest Designer


 ~ Hi There ~

OOOO! Does my GUEST DESIGNER have a TREAT for you today! 

Seriously, my jaw dropped when I first saw her project posted on my

linking party a few weeks ago! I knew I had to invite her here to share it

with you today! 

You'll see exactly why I was drooling!

Take it away...Suzanne!!!


I am so excited that Alex has invited me to be a guest designer on her blog today.  She wanted to highlight my monkey diaper cake that I entered in the I Made it Myself Monday Linking party.  I feel very honored as each week I see so many wonderful creative projects so I am thrilled to share my diaper cake.  I wanted to do something different for my third grand daughters shower.  (We have had 3 grand daughters in 18 months.)  The theme for the shower was monkeys so I got the idea of making a tree with monkeys hanging from it.  This is a project where I just started creating and this is what I came up with.  I realize you wouldn't have the exact things I had in my garage but it gives you an idea of what you could create.

Remember you can click on the pictures to make them larger.
1.  I started with a cake circle round I had.  I sprayed it with green glimmer mist to make it green.
2.  I used a cardboard cone and scissor rack I found in the garage.  I added a paper cone on top to form the tree.
3.  I placed diapers newborn around the scissor rack in a circle.  I used most of a 90 box of diapers.  I tied them tightly.  It really helps to have someone help with this.  You need to tie diapers so they are usable afterwards.
4.  I covered  the string  with a brown strip of paper.  

5.  I then measure the circle at the top and made a cover for the center.    Later I topped this with little blue stones to make it look like water.
6.  I cut scalloped borders 12 inches long and 3 inches high and then cut down the valley so I could wrap them around tree and turn down to give it the palm tree look.
7.  I used Life's a Beach and cut palm tree top to fit to page.  I think I ended up with 3 each of 2 different greens.  I then folded them in the middle and glued them to cone.  I added  coconuts.
8.  I cut 3 inch monkeys from Create A Critter  and then reversed to have three backs. I hung with thin thread and added google eyes.  
The last thing I did was add a grass border and then a name banner using Storybook font and some monkey ribbon.  
I also used Create a Critter for the matching invites, goodybags, banner and made a monkey cake.  
I hope you enjoyed my monkey themed diaper cake and party.  Thanks again Alex for allowing me to be your guest designer today and thank you for the "I Made It Myself Mondays' linking parties.  If you enjoyed my crafts and tutorial please drop by my blog and see my other projects.  Happy Craftin!

Was I NOT KIDDING OR WHAT?!!!

Now it's your turn to get your craft on and LINK UP!

Never partied here before? Check out the deets below...

1. Link any crafty project NEW or OLD.
2. Link UP to 3 projects.
3. Place the party BUTTON on your post.
BLOG TITLE
4. Visit and Comment on at least 2 Other Blogs
5. Lastly, leave a comment HERE! 
Here's what's up for GRABS this WEEK! All comments 
with link up entries will be entered to win this...


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ! They make my day !