Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St Patty's Day!

~ Hey There Leprechauns ~

What's green, smooth, minty, chocolatey and sweet all over? A SHAMROCK SHAKE! You know, the kind you get from Micky D's. But OOOooo, the fat and calories! Don't even want to know the numbers - I just know it's bad, so I'm skipping it for sure!

Since getting up there in years (47 YIKES!) The old bod is telling me I better move more and eat healthier, SO whilst perusing the web, I happened across two awesome recipes for HEALTHY versions of this YUMMY St Patty's Day treat. Here and Here.

I tweaked them slightly to my tastes and VOILA, in no time flat the Hubby and I were delighting in this delicious GREEN drink. BTW...I highly recommend the two sites I linked above :)

Here's my tweaked version...


Healthy Shamrock Shake
Using a high powdered Blender ( I have the Ninja from Costco)

 Blend...
  • One Frozen Very Ripe Banana
  • 1/2 ripe Avocado
  • Handful or Two of Fresh Spinach
  • 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
  • 2 TS Mini Chocolate Chips
  • 2 to 3 drops Mint Extract
  • 3 to 4 Packets Stevia
  • 1/2 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
  • 2 drops Green Food Coloring
Blend the heck out of it til it's super smooth. This will make 2 nice servings OR one BIG serving. Enjoy!

 NO REALLY, it's VERY GOOD!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ! They make my day !