Monday, April 25, 2011

Lacey Days and A Winner

 ~ Hi Everyone ~
I hope you had a fabulous Easter weekend and are enjoying the coming of Spring! It's one of my favorite seasons. 
I am having a blast visiting with my children. It's such a treat when they come home in between college semesters. We have so much fun together - I LOVE MY FAMILY!
My daughter in law, Sheridan informed me that she had found a blog with a lovely lace skirt on it and that she would like to brush up on her sewing skills -WELL! First of all, she said two MAGIC WORDS and practically in the same sentence - BLOG and SEWING! Needless to say, we couldn't make it the fabric store fast enough! LOL!
Thanks to Leanne's Blog - Elle Apparel for sharing her fun Lacey Skirt tutorial. We tweaked the design a bit and went with only one seam with a zipper  in the back, a drop waist with darts, and a small back slit. YAY! It turned out just as we imagined it ! Sheridan even got to wear it for church on Easter Sunday!

the ingredients
 lace placement: crucial
every lace in it's place :)
 sew down carefully
 she's ready for the run way

 a little wrinkly from sitting thru church, but other wise it lays beautifully
 the close up
With all the festivities going on, I almost forgot to choose a WINNER from last weeks GIVEAWAY!

 CONGRATS goes to ...
JESSICA!
She said... "your card is super sweet! TFS. Watched your tutorial on the glass block...thanks so much for sharing. I love the idea and can't wait to try one myself :)"
You've Got Mail!

I am sharing this on...
Tip 
Junkie handmade projects
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ! They make my day !