Saturday, June 12, 2010

I LOVE CUPCAKES !

HAPPY SATURDAY !
I've had my kids and grand babies here visiting with me for the last 2 weeks and it's been a blast ! There's nothing more fun or rewarding than having your family gathered around you ! But I must say, being an empty nester has it's rewards too ! For me, it's spending quality time with the hubs AND more crafting time ! Today I made this super cute cupcake card ! I'm trying really hard to stay away from the sugary treats, it's seems they are having an ill effect on my health, according to my doctor, so this card is a great way for me to still enjoy the beauty and perfection of a cupcake :)
Details :
Base Natural Card Stock 5.5 x 4.25
Layer 1 Turquoise Paper 5.25 x 4.00
Patterned Paper 5.00 x 3.75
Scalloped Ovals cut from Forever Young Cart at 3 inches & 2.75 then layered and 2 eyelets , then ribbon laced behind and thru the front then add small ribbon.
Cupcake cuts and all layers from Once Upon A Princess custom sized and cut using 
the Gyspy at apprx 3 x 2.25 inches
Sentiment from  MPS Simple Sweet Occasions, using Tempting Turquoise Ink from SU and 
window punches from SU. 
Small small bling as sprinkles :)
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. This has got to be the sweetest cupcake i have seen today!!! great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Alex. Don't forget you can always make yourself some home made cupcakes and just substitute the sugar with Splenda. Have a fantastic weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Alex!

    This is the sweetest cupcake, I love the colorful sprinkles. Cupcakes are my fave. And like Scrapping Stephanie said...Splenda. If you don't want to go with that then do half real sugar and half splenda or stevia. I use the 1/2 split when I bake and you can't tell a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it Alex! You make the cutest darn cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very precious cupcake Alex :) I have to watch what I do as far as sugar goes, no docs orders yet, just know by the way it makes me feel. Look at it this way, the treat you can get from this cupcake is even better than the real thing...all the smiles it put on the faces of those who see it ;) Have a blessed night :)

    @>-%---Stephanie
    http://sdksscraptuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never go wrong with cupcakes! Cuuuute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your card looks soooo yummy!! Great job my friend!!
    Big Hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice Alex!
    I made a cupcake card as well but can't post it on this comment! If you would like to see it,could you let me know?

    Love
    Jannie :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ! They make my day !