Friday, August 24, 2012

Not Scarey SPICE anymore

Hey there ~

Told you this wasn't turning into a sewing blog. Here's a new CAMEO project I worked on to organize my spice cabinet. I've had this idea filed away in my head for at least 6 months and finally got to it !!!

STEP ONE : Clean out your spice cabinet. EEK messy and hard to find things!
 CLEAN SLATE ! Clean and ready to start over!

STEP TWO : Get yourself a neat LAZY SUSAN (got mine at the Crate and Barrel Outlet)...
AND some small COOL but functional GLASS JARS. Also picked those up at the Crate and Barrel Outlet. Wash and dry them completely.
NEXT...GRAB a cute but simple DECORATIVE LABEL file from the Silhouette Online Store. Like this one...

NEXT STEP : Choose a LABEL, size it up and CUT it out on CHALK BOARD paper. I got mine from Pick Your Plum ( sold out) but I'm sure there are lots of other places that sell it.

THEN : Before pealing off the labels. Use CHALK BOARD MARKERS ( I ordered mine at Amazon.com) and write out the names of your spices. 


ALMOST DONE...Now fill up each jar with a different spice and slap on your COOL LABELS :)

 
TADA!!! Organizing my spices has never been so much fun! Love the LAZY SUSAN, makes grabbing what I need a cinch! 

TIP : when choosing a jar, make sure it has a wide mouth so you can fit measuring spoons in them...OR your index finger and thumb when you just want a PINCH.

I LOVE MY NEW CAMEO!!!




I linked up...



Craft Junkie Too Friend


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ! They make my day !