Friday, April 27, 2012

Did Anyone Say PIZZA !

~ Hi There ~
Okay, sooo I'm sort of FAMOUS for my pizza! 
Especially with the HUBS:) 
 I have to admit, I could probably make this everyday and not get sick of it ...it's so GOOD! And guess what?...it's pretty HEALTHY too, as long as you don't EAT half the PIE in one sitting {guilty}

The secret is the CRUST! 

Thanks to Andrea's Recipes  for posting a super tutorial on how to make WHOLE WHEAT PIZZA DOUGH quick - no long rising time! I tweaked the recipe a tad for my liking, adding a bit more yeast and olive oil, but essentially, her way is how I do it. 

After my dough is all ready {remember use Andrea's Recipes for that} It's time to assemble your pie {New Yorkers call it a pizza PIE}

My favorite kind of pizza to make is what I call my 
SPINACH SUNDRIED TOMATO PIZZA! It's delish!

I top the dough in this order...
  •  Sundried Tomatoes in Olive Oil about 1/2 cup spreading the oil all over the dough but leave a crust edge
  • 2 to 3 big handfuls of fresh Spinach
  • 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup sliced red onion
  • 2 cups shredded mozarella cheese
  • 1/2  chopped fresh tomatoes
  • salt, garlic power and pepper to taste!
Slide it off your cornmeal coated pizza peal unto your very HOT 500 degree pizza stone and cook for about 10 minutes. In my oven it takes only 8 minutes, so watch yours and cook til everything is melty and toasty. 

You're gonna thank me for posting this :) Make sure you check out Andrea's Recipe to perfect your dough technique! Like I said...IT'S THE SECRET!





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ! They make my day !